Sunday, April 08, 2007

Only You



Only You
She stopped me
passionately saying:
" I only appear
at night
and i ascend
to nothing
but a throne
and i stand by
nothing but justice
and i reveal
myself to nobody
but to a lover
as you
and i bear witness
to nothing but
to love
and i go nowhere
but to you
and i read
nothing but
your verse
and i know
no name
but yours
and i dress
for nobody
but you
and i never
undress but
with you
and i do not
rejoice
but for you
and i never
grieve
but on you
and i hear
no voice
but yours
and i write
nothing without
your inspiration
and i understand
nothing
but your text
and i enter
no home
but yours
and lay
in no bed
but yours
and nothing
keeps me warm
but your arms
and nothing
intoxicates me
but your wine
and i drink
nothing but
your nectar
and nobody can
make my butterfly
but you
and not a soul
possesses me
but you
and nobody
acquires me
but only you.
Tarek Nassif
8/4/2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home