Wednesday, April 19, 2006

If Only

If Only
End of July,,2005,, Damascus
If I were to look into her eyesI'd have seen the verdant plateaus,Rising mountains fall into the deep valleys.I'd see myself in those splendid eyes.If I were to listen to her luscious wordsI'd have thought rivers rode through her beingSecret Streams that flowed naturally. . .I'd lay myself candid in her soft waters.If I were to watch her move,I'd have thought waves of oceans awokeTrembled in the silence and broken into eternity.I'd let those waves wash my mortality away.If, and Only If I were able to tell her those wordsI'd have thought I were valiant in V,Fearless in all the many other letters,And believed I had a Daring heart like her. . .I swear, I'd have thought I had her heart to love.Only If. . .
Tarek Nassif
2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home