Wednesday, April 19, 2006

As The Flames Danced

As The Flames Danced
As the flames dance to the fragile tune of my distant memoriesI gazed hypnotically into their yellow-white heat and saw my lifethereA troubling reminder of my past... and of my presentI struggled to understand what new path I must takeAnd, as the flames danced, I opened my heart to listenSuddenly, there in the old fireplace, I could see my future as if itwere todayA vision of what I could be came clearly to me and filled me with hopeNow, I understood everything; I could make new a wise choicesAnd, as the flames danced, I opened my heart to listenI know, now, that I can do -- and be -- whatever I wantI realize, now, that I am stronger than I ever imaginedI know, now, that I can finally be free to be -- meAnd, as the flames dancedTo the harmonious tune of my most sought after dreamsI opened my heart to listenThere is a new found peace within myself, now...It is all so clear...All I have to do...Is listen....To my heart.
Tarek Nassif
2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home