Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Come Grow Old With Me

Come Grow Old With Me
Are you content being so far away,From all that spreads ahead of us?Look there! Yes there! Do you see the horizon where the sky meets the ocean? Oh! The ocean. . . well?Do you see me amidst the ocean?No? Yes? But. . . I would be more visible If I were adorned with your presence.Do you see what I mean?Or are you blinded by your wretched fear? Stop testing me! Hey stop it!It hurts when you pinch me like this! Stop.Do not waste your days astrayTesting the love I undoubtedly have for you!Come on, hurry up little oneFollow me;You do not have much more timeTo grow old with me! So what are you waiting?Hurry up; we have a long swim ahead of us!We must reach that horizon, you see it?We must reach it.
Tarek Nassif
2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home