Wednesday, April 19, 2006

By The Riverside
To a good friend... End of July 2005,Damascus
You know, I have been wonderingIn my starlit nights and my colored flowersAbout the tantalizing moments we'd spentBy the riverside that very one eve.I have been drifting in our old dream house,In little shapes and forms of dewWhen we used to run, and play aroundWhen all we could see were the good things.Little Bird, I have been wondering tooAbout our exalted prayers in the dawnWhen what we feared was thatHome is where the heart is.Lovely Syrian Bird, I have been wondering so many timesWhen you tell me "I miss you"Why don't you fly my skies, again,And remind me, yes,Of some tantalizing moments we'd spentOne very eve, by the riverside.
Tarek Nassif
2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home