Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Shadows And Light

Shadows and Light
Sleepless nights, scary frightsThat carry loads of meanings, handful of feelingsTo this heart of mine, on this night so fine. . .Days start right; sun shining so brightLaughter ringing; feel like singingWaiting for her return to, once more, make me burnWith all the love I yearn to give to her. . .Evening comes so quiet; just want to enjoy itWith her arms around me, feeling safe and free. . .The shadows start to form, and instead of feeling warmCold seeps to my bones, making me feel the moansOf the absence of light that triggers my flightThrough seemingly endless nights. . .The waiting has begun for the rising of the sunThat will clear away the sky, making me finally flyTo the dreamworld I desire; at last extinguishing the fireOf nightmares, hurt and pain As expertly as the rain, on a muddy winter day,Drives the dirt and dust away. . .
Tarek Nassif
2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home